MBF Athlete Safety MattersService
Prevention education program protects youth athletes from abuse & bullying
MBF Athlete Safety Matters™ is a comprehensive, evidence-informed program that educates and empowers youth athletes with information and strategies to prevent, recognize, and respond appropriately to bullying, cyberbullying, the four types of child abuse (physical, emotional, sexual, and neglect), human trafficking and digital dangers.
The program is presented to youth athletes clustered by grade level (K-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12), in two comprehensive lessons that are approximately 45-55 minutes each – or it can be presented in four shorter lessons. Trained facilitators can easily present the lessons in any venue (with minimal technology required) using turnkey scripts along with engaging, interactive PowerPoints including lecture, group discussion, skills-practice activities, videos, and games.
PROGRAM FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Easy and practical for clubs/programs to implement
- Developmentally appropriate for youth athletes
- Provides universal strategies to better protect children, including five easy-to-remember Safety Rules
- Educates children, coaches, staff, volunteers, and parents
- Provides practice and reinforcement of learned skills
- Created, reviewed, and supported by experts
- Trusted by parents and other adults
PROGRAM TOPICS:Lesson 1
Safety awarenessShared responsibility for safetySafe AdultsTypes of abuseRed FlagsSafety Rules
BullyingCyberbullyingDigital abuseDigital safety tipsDigital citizenshipSafety Rules